Non-Uni Work

{ Posted on 13:20 by Tom 'E' }
Just thought I'd give you all a quick update on what I have been doing over the summer, and especially what I've been up to over the last few weeks since getting Adobe CS4 Web Premium (it's fantastic).

My Own Website:
I have a go at designing my own 'space' on the internet atleast once a month, and everytime i go back to it and i don't like it, as such, it never gets made into a full a proper site.

In the last few weeks i've had a couple of ideas flying around i think i might be getting very close to a design i can commit to using for a full website.

The first design i came up with recently was this:

When i first created this i really liked it. Unfortunatly however, after looking back on it over the next few days i realised that it was probably too load, too bright and a bit of a photoshop disaster.

The second rendition i came up with was this:

After disliking the previous site design because of its load nature and potentially, slightly 'childish' design i went for something a bit more formal. Unlike the previous design i still really like this. However i don't think it is best suited as a way of advertising myself as an interactive media artist. I believe that it verges a bit too close to being a 'generic' or 'typical' website layout, and as such i don't think it reflects the best of my creative ability. I will however contemplate using it either as the basis of a client project in the future, or purely as an example to show clients to see what sort of thing they're after.

My most recent design for my website is below:

At present i am really happy with this design. I think it is well balanced in all considered areas of design, from my POV atleast. I have put the image online at 'http://edsonweb.co.uk/vector/' to see how it looks on the internet. Still deciding upon what background to have etc.

Please leave any constructive comments to help me increase my design potential.

As some of you will already know, I do a lot of design and web maintenance work for my Dad's business (something to do with business management). I've currently been producing mock website front pages, logos and other small graphics for them to look at to see what sort of 'image' best reflects them. Some of those that I am most pleased with are below:

New v Old Logo
Potential new, slightly Web 2.0 style front page:

Business Card-Like Graphic:


That's about all worth showing! =)

No Response to "Non-Uni Work"