Idea for Logo

{ Posted on 20:35 by Tom 'E' }
To be honest I'm not really sure what we're meant to be giving as a logo. I understand to a good extent how companies use logo's, why they use them and how it can be one of the most important things in marketing.

When anyone talks about logos or indents one company is always destined to arise, The Coca-Cola Company. Coca-Cola have possibly the most recognisable logos on the planet. It's no coincidence then that they are also very good at advertising.

The idea I've had for my logo is very much based on a brand new advertisement for Diet Coke. Starting from, well, yesterday, Coca-Cola have started a new series of advertisements on all formats, TV, Billboard and Magazine (to name a few), with pop-star Duffy as their new centre girl.

I can't say i found their new TV-ad really inspirational. It aired for the first time during the Brit awards last night. And, if I'm honest, its not great. However the billboard advertisement that's been shown over the UK as the TV-ads road-side equivalent really caught my eye.

After seeing it for the first time the other day i scouted the Internet for a few hours trying to find it, and well...i just couldn't find it. So equipped with my camera i headed out to where I'd seen it (a very busy road in Derbyshire!). Unfortunately, the photo isn't great as the only place i could park the car and stand to take the picture without getting ran-over was about 4-feet from the wall it was posted.

So, please, if you will, try and imagine this as one long image:


















I know strictly speaking that this is an advertisement and not a logo, but the its the design of the ad id like to adapt into my own logo. The key elements in this for me are: photographic, cartoon, text and composition.

No Response to "Idea for Logo"