Research Task

{ Posted on 22:00 by Tom 'E' }

For the most part my creativity has been for me, either for spare time enjoyment, increase my portfolio or to achieve a qualification. A few individual pieces have been completed on request from friends and family, however that is a very small percentage.

On completion of a piece of work it is very rare for it to look like what I’d initially imaged when I’d started it. I’m pretty sure none of my work is unique. It all has to come from somewhere. I draw a lot of inspiration from young novice artists displaying their words on the Internet as well as things from mainstream media. Most of my works draw inspiration from things a see and experience throughout its build time.

I would like to think that the future of my creativity can achieve two things. Firstly, creativity with a higher-level of finished quality, in whatever its form. The second future I desire for my creativity is for it to be used in profitable media and would be a sustainable career for me to work in. Research can help me achieve these in a number of ways.

By researching the current market of work in my area would help me achieve a greater understanding of what people want, what creates customers and what impresses people. Researching classic works can help me gain a basic understanding of what works and what doesn’t. Without the basics, not much really works.

The ‘Starting Point’ that I most feel drawn to is ‘For’ – What else is happening on other related disciplines. Whereas the ‘Starting Point’, in front of, is the one I feel most weary of is. This is because it is the only one I really can’t relate to. I think this is because a lot of my work doesn’t pass other peoples eyes before completion. Even though I feel that none of the ‘Starting Points’ are irrelevant I am unsure at the moment of how the ‘In/Through’ process really works.

No Response to "Research Task"